I was scrolling through my old blog posts, contemplating on how dramatic and in love I sounded (and probably will still sound for the rest of my blogging career), and I realized that I write more about feelings than actual things about myself. I’d like people to know things about me, and I’d like to be able to express myself. I have these moments sometimes while I’m writing and I suddenly think, wow, I never knew I could be that deep. I’d love more of these moments. So that’s how I came up with this blog post: My favorite things. I will limit them to six. Six because that is my number. 🙂 Oh, and THINGS, not PEOPLE. So don’t ask me why family and friends and God aren’t on the list. 😛
(In no specific order, though)
1. Writing. This is easily the first thing that came into mind. I express myself through writing poems, stories, fanfiction, and little rants. It is one of my favorite things to do in the world, and when I’m feeling sad, happy, or anxious, you can find me typing away at the keyboard, or writing little poems in the margins of my notebooks. I also use my writing skills to fulfill my dreams and wishes; I usually do this through fanfiction. For example, in Harry Potter, Fred Weasley dies. In my fanfictions, no one dies. In my fanfictions, I am suddenly in a lovely relationship with a celebrity. (Yes, this is what dreams are made of.) I’ve been writing since Kindergarten. And I don’t think I’ll ever stop.
2. Harry Potter. Hands down, this is the best book series that has ever existed; in my opinion. Harry Potter is my life. When it ended, I started wondering what I would do in my life; I had lived through the books and movies, and the special merchandise… How could it just end? I still found ways to love Harry Potter by joining Pottermore, and becoming an admin on Facebook pages relating to Harry Potter. I can’t say any more, or this would just turn into a full on rant. Moving on.
3. Books. Okay, so there are books other than Harry Potter that I consider my loves. It’s Harry Potter that just deserves one entire paragraph to itself. I love books, especially ones by Rick Riordan, James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Patricia Cornwell, Karin Slaughter, John Green, David Levithan, Nicholas Sparks, Veronica Roth, Dan Brown, and many more. Some of the books I’ve read that deserve to be typed in bold are: Inferno, the Percy Jackson series, the Heroes of Olympus series, Will Grayson Will Grayson, Divergent, the Iron Fairy series, and the Fall of Five series.
4. The internet. Aaaaaah, the internet. Without this beautiful, beautiful, thing, I wouldn’t be able to publish some of my writings online, I wouldn’t be able to watch things that make me smile on Youtube, (I wouldn’t be able to see Dan and Phil oh the horror), and I wouldn’t be able to download anime and the episodes of Glee that I missed.
5. Anime/Manga. (Because I can’t choose between the two) I first identified myself with an otaku, before I really thought of myself as a writer. I started off with Naruto and Bleach, and from there, I haven’t regretted the path I’ve gone down with these. Besides those two, some notable anime/manga series that I love are Shingeki no Kyojin, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Mirai Nikki, School Days, Ouran, and so much more.
6. My bed. Nowhere else compares. Seriously. Especially when it’s made clean and warm.